The Limited-Edition Wolverine 1000 Mile x Sword & Plough boot is handcrafted in the USA paying homage to traditional military boot style and those who have served in them. Based on the Original 1000 Mile boot pattern from 1914, the limited-edition boot features Horween Natural Marine flesh-out coyote leather and incorporates repurposed military tent fabric from Sword & Plough. Sword & Plough is a veteran-owned, social impact fashion brand that donates 10% of profits to veteran organizations while empowering and employing veterans throughout the process. Marine boots in World War II were made with the same Natural Marine leather, designed to be used flesh side out because the material was soft enough that the boots could be worn without socks. This was highly advantageous for Marines in desert areas as they were able to easily empty their boots of sand, reducing blisters and increasing comfort. The boot uses Goodyear Welt construction which was invented nearly 150 years ago and is considered one of the finest methods of shoemaking due to its durability, flexibility and resole-able properties. A Vibram® Pittsburgh outsole, speed hooks and full coyote laces complete the look of a military inspired boot with contemporary styling.
- Timeless pattern recreated from the first Wolverine 1000 Mile shoe introduced in 1914
- Horween® Natural Marine flesh-out leather in a custom coyote color
- Sword & Plough repurposed military tent fabric incorporated into the boot panels
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Vibram® Pittsburgh rubber outsole
- Time-tested Goodyear™ Welt construction is durable, flexible and allows the boot to be resoled for years of wear
- Full coyote laces and speed hooks inspired by military boot style